Kids Obstacle Classes in Arlington Heights, IL
AFTER SCHOOL CLASSES near Chicago
Hot-Ground Gym’s 45-minute kids’ fitness classes offer a unique character-building experience in an inspiring environment that encourages active play. You’ll find us in Arlington Heights, near Palatine, Wheeling, and Buffalo Grove.
After School Sports Programs for Children
Each class is highly structured and extremely engaging, aimed at teaching physical fitness, obstacle negotiation, and instilling positive group interactions. Activities during our sessions are centered around logistical movement, creative thinking, construction, and role-play rescue missions.
- Adventure activity ropes course to strengthen physical fitness through pulling, dragging, hoisting, climbing, repelling, and tying
- Role-play rescue missions to facilitate teamwork and enhance clear communication skills
Take a look at Kids Fitness Classes at the Hot Ground Gym
What Age Kids Do We Work With in Our Gym Classes
Why Choose Our Obstacle Course Classes For Kids Training?
- Focus and Concentration:Our fun obstacle course forces kids to focus on the challenging task ahead of them.
- Spatial Awareness:Through trial and error, kids strengthen their bodies, as well as improve their spatial awareness and flexibility.
- Gain Confidence:Each time a child overcomes an obstacle, their self-confidence improves. In that way, our sessions act as a healthy confidence-building class for children.
- Develop Perseverance:While not strictly activities for discipline, through failing and succeeding on the obstacle course, kids learn self-discipline, and perseverance pays off.
Check out our 2021-2022 Class Schedule to book
FAQ About Our Kids Classes
Is there an open gym time where we can drop in?
Unfortunately No. Although HGG is open to the public, our services are attended by prior arrangement only. We do not offer an open gym or free-play time. We can however schedule you for a free trial class or a team-building event.
Will the training program prepare my child for an obstacle course race or event?
Absolutely! If you let us know you and your child are preparing for a race/event, we will give you a little extra assistance ;)
When do you offer classes?
Tuesdays - Fridays starting at 4:30pm, and Saturdays starting at 9am.
Are your classes for kids a "boot camp"?
Not really. Bootcamp has a different meaning for us. We do, however, call our kids' program Junior Boots™. Our amazing classes are 45 minutes long, change every week, and consist of obstacle course negotiation, exercise instruction, and team-building challenges. Way too much fun to call it a "boot camp" ;)
What clothes and shoes do children need for training?
Children should wear comfortable gym clothing that allows for maximum movement flexibility and trainers that have a good grip so that they can move with confidence on our obstacle course.
Are your obstacle course classes the same as parkour?
While we share the use of obstacle negotiation as a platform for “training” on our obstacle course, our classes are not the same as parkour. Each activity in our gym classes for kids is specifically structured to achieve individual and team-building outcomes that differ from the goals of parkour.