Kids Obstacle Course & After School Classes Near Chicago, IL
Building Teamwork and Life Skills Through After-School Programs for Kids Near Chicago
Our 45-minute fitness classes for kids offer unique life skills and character-building experiences in an inspiring environment that encourages maximum effort. You'll find us in Arlington Heights and Libertyville, near Chicago, Palatine, Wheeling, Buffalo Grove, Vernon Hills, Grayslake, and Mundelein.
Kids Tackle Life's Challenges Our Obstacle Course Training Gym
ABOUT OUR JUNIOR BOOTS™ KIDS' After School Classes
Each training session is highly structured and extremely engaging, aimed at teaching physical fitness, obstacle negotiation, and instilling positive group interactions during a fun-filled full-body workout. Activities during our classes focus on logistical movement, creative thinking, construction, role-play rescue missions, and improving strength and motor skills from a young age.
- Rope courses that involve pulling, dragging, hoisting, climbing, repelling, and knot-tying.
- "Target practice" weeks with a hand-eye developing theme such as dart, ball, ring, and knife throwing.
- Tires, medicine balls, "carts," grappling hooks, and "pipes" themed classes.
- Role-play rescue themes.
- “Adventure-inspired” obstacle course-themed classes.
AGE GROUPS FOR OUR JUNIOR BOOTS™ CLASSES
Junior boots™ Rank Structure
CHILDREN EARN TRAINING RANK PATCHES
WITH A HIGHER CLASS RANK COMES HIGHER RESPONSIBILITY
THE RANK & PHASES OF OUR JUNIOR BOOTS™ KID'S OBSTACLE COURSE CLASSES NEAR CHICAGO
- Red Phase: Obstacle Course Fitness & DisciplineA student's beginning. Their goal is to develop a “training mindset” and grow every time they attend class. Red Phase is promoted during class, and after time requirements are met in their current rank (~2 months per).
- White Phase: Teamwork & Problem SolvingTheir goal is to develop peer problem-solving techniques that are displayed during the teamwork “missions” of class. The White Phase is promoted during a “Rank Test Event.” A private event that is by invitation only, typically held every 2 months.
- Blue Phase: LeadershipTheir goal is to develop and display good leadership traits during fitness obstacle course training and especially during “missions.” The Blue Phase is also promoted at “Rank Test Events.”
- Gold Phase: Junior InstructorA student's final phase. The goal is to develop knowledge, confidence, and the ability to teach others what they have learned during our youth fitness classes. “Everyone can do, not everyone can teach.” The Gold Phase is promoted either at a “Rank Test Event” or meritoriously through exceptional conduct and assistance rendered during classes.
JOIN KIDS CLASSES OBSTACLE COURSE IN CHICAGO
WHY CHOOSE OUR YOUTH FITNESS CLASSES Near Chicago?
- Focus, Concentration, and Spatial Awareness:Our fun indoor obstacle course for kids requires participants to focus on the challenging task ahead of them. Through trial and error, kids improve their physical health, as well as explore their spatial awareness and flexibility.
- Peer Cooperation:Kids shed “social awkwardness” while offering their creative ideas and completing inspiring team-building “missions”.
- Gain Confidence:Each time a child overcomes an obstacle, their self-confidence increases. In that way, our sessions act as a healthy self-esteem-building class for children.
- Develop Perseverance:While not strictly activities for discipline, through failing and succeeding on our obstacle course and missions, kids learn self-discipline and their perseverance pays off.
Our High-Energy Kids' Fitness Classes Reviews
Gear Up for Adventure! 2023 Kid's Fitness Classes Schedule
KIDS AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS PRICING
RECURRING MEMBERSHIP (MONTHLY)
Pass-based membership (Punch card)
$165expires after 4 months
$290expires after 8 months
$165expires after 4 months
$290expires after 8 months
Contact Our Obstacle Course Gym Near Chicago, IL
We Are Located At
FAQ About Our Kids Classes
ARE PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN OBSTACLE COURSE CLASSES?
While parents or legal guardians are welcome to stay and observe the obstacle course classes at Hot Ground Gym, participation in the classes is generally limited to enrolled kids, with the focus on providing a dedicated learning experience for the participants.
Is there an open gym time where we can drop in?
Unfortunately, no. Although HGG is open to the public and parents, our services are attended by prior arrangement only. We do not offer an open gym or free-play time. We can, however, schedule you for a free trial class or a team-building event.
Will the fitness obstacle course training prepare my child for an obstacle course race or event?
Absolutely! If you let us know you and your child are preparing for a race/event, we will give you a little extra assistance ;)
When do you offer classes?
Tuesdays - Fridays starting at 4:30pm, and Saturdays starting at 9am.
Are your classes for kids a "boot camp"?
Not really. Boot camp has a different meaning for us. We do, however, call our kids' program Junior Boots™. Our amazing classes are 45 minutes long, change every week, and consist of obstacle course negotiation, coordination and balance skills, exercise instruction, and team-building challenges. Far too much fun to call it a “boot camp” ;)
What clothes and shoes do children need for youth fitness classes?
Your child should wear comfortable gym clothing that allows for maximum movement flexibility and trainers that have a good grip so that they can jump, swing, climb and move their body with confidence on our obstacle course.
Are your obstacle course classes the same as parkour?
While we share the use of obstacle negotiation as a platform for “training” on our obstacle course in Chicago, our classes are not the same as parkour. Each activity in our gym classes for kids is specifically structured to achieve individual and team-building benefits that differ from the goals of parkour.