Active Minds, Active Bodies: Physical Activity Kids Day Camps Near Chicago
Check Out Some of Our Previous Half-Day Camps
Our Wide Spectrum of Kids' Day Camps in Northern Chicago Suburbs
Our children's camps keep kiddos entertained while they're out of school for a holiday, winter break, spring break, or summer break. At Hot Ground Gym®, we know that every child is different, so our full and half-day programs offer a range of activities to appeal to their strengths while still challenging their weaknesses.
Ready for Adventure? Register Now!
About Hot Ground Gym® Day Camp Program
- Intriguing and challenging mind games
- Friendly competitions and relay races
- Basic construction skills
- Teambuilding challenges
- Obstacle course training
- Rope courses
- Parkour-related activities
- Dart/knife throwing
- Ball/ring tossing
At Hot Ground Gym®, no two days are the same. Each day is designed to provide a balanced mix of physical, creative, and social activities. Here's what a typical day camp day might look like:
- 8:00 AM - Arrival and Warm-up: Campers arrive and participate in a fun, invigorating warm-up to get their bodies moving and ready for the day.
- 8:30 AM - Fitness Challenges: Kids tackle a series of age-appropriate fitness challenges, improving strength, flexibility, and endurance. Activities might include obstacle courses, relay races, and team-based physical games.
- 10:00 AM - Snack and Story: A short break for a healthy snack and a motivational story to inspire the kids for the day ahead.
- 10:30 AM - Skill Building: This could involve workshops on basic outdoor skills, leadership training, or team-building exercises. Each session is designed to develop self-confidence and foster problem-solving skills.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch and Free Play: Kids refuel with a lunch followed by free play, allowing them time to relax and interact socially with their peers.
- 1:00 PM - Afternoon Activity: The afternoon activity can vary daily, including group games, or guest speakers.
- 3:00 PM - Cool Down and Reflection: The day ends with a cool-down, followed by a group reflection on the day's activities and accomplishments.
Our camp philosophy is rooted in the belief that every child has an innate potential that can be unleashed through a blend of physical activities, skill development, character-building exercises, and teamwork. Proudly owned by veterans, Hot Ground Gym® provides physical, mental, and character-developing activities that enrich kids and prepare them to confront life's challenges. Our passionate instructors offer interactive experiences and respond to each child's individual needs. In fact, many of our campers have enjoyed our camps so much that they've graduated to become assistant instructors.
We are dedicated to fostering an environment where campers can thrive physically, mentally, and emotionally. Our goal is for every camper to leave with increased confidence, new skills, a sense of accomplishment, and of course, great memories.
Embark on the Journey - Sign Up Today!
What Age Kids Do We Work With?
At Hot Ground, we combine kids of all ages into small groups to foster teamwork and offer leadership opportunities. By mixing age groups, it breaks down barriers associated with age and gender and makes for more inclusive environments.
Benefits of Our Day Camp for Kids Near Chicago, Illinois
- Specially Devised Programs: From obstacle courses to friendly competitions, our camps educate, entertain and develop leadership skills.
- Creative Learning: Designed to stimulate physical movement and cognitive abilities, we offer a range of confidence-building activities appealing to different strengths.
- Small Groups: We ensure every child receives the support, interaction, and attention they need during camp time.
- Safety and Wellbeing: Our facilitators are CPR and first-aid certified. They receive updated training on emergency action plans and life-saving equipment for ultimate safety.
- Constant Communication: We keep parents updated on their child's camp experience, so they feel included and know what to expect.
Dedicated Team Guiding Your Children at Our Chicago Day Camps
They're not just instructors – they're role models, cheerleaders, and mentors. At Hot Ground Gym, we believe it's the people that truly make the camp experience, and we're proud to have the best in the business.
2023-2024 DAY CAMPS SCHEDULE & PRICING
11/20, 11/21, 11/22,
1/15, 2/16, 2/19,
FAQ ABOUT OUR KIDS CAMPS
DOES MY CHILD HAVE TO BE A MEMBER TO JOIN DAY CAMPS?
No! Just sign them up and they'll have a great time!
What are the drop off & pick up times?
Full Day drop off is between 8 - 8:30 am and pick up is between 3:30-4pm.
Half Day AM drop off is between 8 - 8:30 am and pick up is between 11:30am and 12 noon.
Half Day PM drop off is between 12 - 12:30 pm and pick up is between 3:30-4pm."