Click the button for more info and camp dates
2022 Summer Camps in Libertyville and Arlington Heights, IL
Summer Camps for Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Buffalo Grove, Vernon Hills, and Other northern Chicago Suburbs
About Our Leadership Summer camp
Another aspect that is special to our summer camp only, is the "Team Point System"(TPS). Where, campers get to earn points as an individual and as a team throughout each day. The points that are earned can be spent on snacks and other treats at the end of each day. The decision each day what to "purchase" will be made as a team. The kids really love the point system!
- Obstacle Course movement & building
- Rope Climbing & rope using
- "target Practice" hand-Eye-Coordination activities
- team building challenges "missions"
- outside Activities (weather permitting)
- small unit leadership development
- Varying fitness-based activities
See What Our Arlington Heights’ and Libertyville’s Hot Ground Gym Summer Camps Look Like
small teams earn more points 🤑
Most of the day to day camp is centrally controlled with small unit activities in mind. This means that we (the Instructors) will explain what will be accomplished (the "Mission"), and often the actual accomplishing will be done in the children's small team with our close guidance ;)
While the teams are participating in activities, they are earning points. These points are rewarded by us for displaying good teamwork, exceptional task/mission completion, self/team accountability, and much more. This system was designed as a financial management and team accountability learning tool, and it has shown to be very successful in driving the teams to work well together.
The points earned through out the day can be either spent or saved through out the week. We have various frozen and non-frozen snacks that the team may "purchase", as they enjoy the end of day show/movie during pick up time. The choice must always be agreed to by the entire team. THE KIDS LOVE IT!!
Benefits of our leadership Summer Camps
- Increases Strength & ResilienceThe daily activities will defiantly increase your child's over all fitness, as they enjoy "rough but fun experiences". These experiences are high then low in intensity, offering plenty of "active rest time" in between activities.
- Develops Leadership & "Team Mindset"The specialized small unit structured environment teaches kids core skills like clear communication, collaboration, and most importantly accountability.
- Improves Self-Knowledge & ConfidenceWe take pride in providing "out of the box" wisdom, life lessons, and other knowledge regarding a wide range of subject matter. We will discuss with the kids everything from simple financial management, to rope using and tying, to "this is how you pull a truck out of mud!", and so on. The extra out of the box wisdom will boost your child's self esteem and increase their overall knowledge.
- Body & MindThe daily camp activities will strengthen the bodies, and stimulate the minds of all who participated.
- Character buildingWe encourage kids to overcome challenges as they learn that discipline and perseverance lead to success.
Obstacle Course Fitness
2022 Summer Camp Schedule
Pricing & registration
Final sale on now 👇
FAQ About Our Chicago Area Summer Day Camps
DO YOU TAKE FIELD TRIPS DURING YOUR SUMMER CAMP IN NORTHEN CHICAGO AREA?
Wo do go outside during nice weather, but we do not take "field trips".
DOES YOUR SUMMER CAMP GO OUTSIDE DURING THE DAY?
If the weather is good, we take them outside. After all, it is summer ;)
WHAT IF MY CHILD WANTS TO COME TO A SUMMER DAY CAMP THAT IS FULL?
Unfortunately, we adhere to a strict first-come, first-served policy. We recommend booking as soon as possible.